Please send any additional resources or updates to the webmaster.
- Fayette - Call the Town Office before doing any cutting or clearing to avoid a fine! Remember that some Lake View Estates lots have designated driveway header locations (see LEHA Handbook). Lots within the shoreline protection zone have more stringent standards.
- Greenville - On Moosewood Lake, this area is well worth the two hour drive for a day trip or an overnight get-away.
- Mt. Vernon
- Basin-David-Tilton Ponds Association
- Belgrade Lakes Association
- Echo Lake Association
- Maine Lakes Society Check out the August 2015 (45th annual) conference and celebration
- Parker Pond Association
- Pleasant Lake/Parker Pond Association (This is a different Parker Pond than the one next to David Pond, close to Casco Bay)
- Sebago Lake Association (Chamber of Commerce)
- Torsey Pond Association
- EcoMaine - This is the organization that handles recycling from our association waste disposal site.
- 30 Mile River Watershed Association - Numerous town officials and lake association members in the 30 Mile River Watershed, from Kimball Pond down to the Androscoggin Dead Water, joined to form a non-profit corporation to protect and preserve the watershed. Vienna’s eight-year lake warden and courtesy boat inspection program was the local model, and the group sought out other organizations in Maine during its planning. See annual kayak run described on the site.
- Kennebec County Soil & Water Conservation District - “to protect and enhance Maine's soil and water resources by providing educational programs, conservation information and technical assistance to municipalities, schools, landowners and residents of Kennebec County."
- The Kennebec Highlands Project
- The Kennebec Land Trust - Excellent local group (consider joining). They offer walks, talks, and other educational and recreational activities.
- Lakes Environmental Association
- Land for Maine's Future
- Maine Loon Count
- Maine Nature News - This is an informative site with lots of local "nature news"
- Maine Volunteer Lake Monitoring Program (VLMP)
- Nature Compass in Maine - This site has a list of environmentally centered sites.
- The Nature Conservancy in Maine
- North American Lake Management
- PEARL - A forum hosted by the University of Maine for sharing environmental data.
STATE OF MAINE
- Department of Environmental Protection
- Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife
- Maine Fishing Regulations
- See the bill that established the LakeSmart program. See more information on creating good shoreline buffers of vegetation.
- State of Maine fishing information for David Pond
- DEW Haven, formerly known as DEW Animal Kingdom, is an animal refuge located on Rt. 41, is operated by Robert & Julie Miner, 918 Pond Road Mount Vernon, ME 04352. This is a great outing for the whole family. A must see! Check out the TV show Yankee Jungle on Animal Planet
- Exploring Maine/MaineToday
- Maine.info - Local festivals, lodging, dining, and events.
- MaineToday.com - has a great list of things to do in the region. Check out the Calendar,
- The Monmouth Fair - Still has the feel of a real country fair. (Early August)
- The Skowhegan State Fair - Great day trip for the whole family. (Early-mid August)
- Yankee Magazine Explore New England - Lots of activities for kids online. Great site for a rainy day!
- Kennebec Valley Chamber of Commerce- A good site to find things to do and places to visit.
- The Maine International Film Festival - Early July in Waterville
- The Theatre at Monmouth - Repertoire includes Shakespeare and other classics as well as children's theatre. Shakespeare camp is a great summer activity for teens.
- Snow Pond Center for the Arts
- The Readfield Emporium (Facebook) - A great place to enjoy reasonably priced food and local entertainment.
- The Red Barn (Augusta) - simple but GOOD seafood!
- The Weathervane - A family owned restaurant in Readfiled. Delicious chowders, entrees, and great desserts. Also, downstairs karaoke on Fridaysand live music on Saturday!
- Slates - In Hallowell, on the Kennebec River just south of Augusta. There are also other restaurants, antique shops, and other attractions in this quaint community.